Advertise with Craft Candy
Craft Candy is a unique way to advertise your creative events, workshops, markets and meet-up groups in the UK. From our home on the web, via our online social media platforms and straight to the Craft Candy Smartphone enabled GPS App, it’s never been easier to tap into a community of users who are passionate about learning creative skills and finding things to do in their community.
How Can You Get Involved?
1. Share your event with Craft Candy’s community- for free!
When you list your event with Craft Candy, it’s automatically beamed straight to our community through the website and smartphone app. Your event will be visible to anyone in your area using the app, and it can be discovered by enthusiastic Do It Yourself-ers searching the event listings by skill.
2. Get premium placement in the Craft Candy App
Make sure your brand is seen by anyone using our app by purchasing a banner ad. Banners rotate across the top of the app in prime placement that makes sure they’re seen by our most active users. Prices available on request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Make our pageviews work for you with sidebar advertising
If your ideal customer is creative and into all the newest trends, they could be planning their weekly activities with Craft Candy. Use a sidebar ad to put your brand, shop or event alongside all the action on Craft Candy.co.uk with an ad in our sidebar.
Large ads are £50 per month and small ads are £35 per month. Email email@example.com or use our contact page to book!
4. Snag a spot in our Shop Directory
Our list of spots to shop is always growing, but our Shop Directory is where we feature our exclusive recommendations. At £50 for an annual listing and only £20 to renew after that, the directory is the perfect place to get your shop on the map with our readers.
To book or request prices, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1. Registration on the website is free.
- 2. Companies or organisations must register for an Account with Craft Candy on the website and App and provide certain information as prompted by the registration form. Companies or organisations who sign up with Craft Candy do so on-line, but all content uploaded by a company or organisation will be subject to review by Craft Candy before being published to the Web site. When your registration has been accepted, you are free to upload details of workshop or event, in line with the Advertising package you have purchased.
- 3. If you are a club or market who is except from payment for advertising on the Craft Candy website or App you agree by using the website or App you are governed by all of these terms.
- 4. By registering on both the website and App, you agree to provide excellent customer service and this agreement warrants that you will deliver your products and/or services in accordance with this commitment. This includes, but is not limited to:
- A. Uploading a suitable image to accompany your event details.
- B. Loading the Craft Candy website and App with an accurate description of your workshop or event. This includes updating your profile to reflect any changes as and when they occur.
- C. You respond to queries and provide after-sales support in a manner which is consistent with excellent customer service.
- D. You are solely responsible for delivering the products and/or providing the services to the User and for the products and/or services themselves
- 5. To register as a company you confirm:
- A. That you are over 16 years of age B. That any information you provide to us about yourself or the company you are representing is true, accurate, up to date and complete C. When you register to use our website/ App, you will be asked to create a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. D. We reserve the right to terminate your membership and access to our website if we learn that you have provided false or misleading information.
B. Submission You agree not to: Craft Candy’s obligations under this Agreement is solely to host event information on behalf of companies and make the information available to the User and clearing showing the user how to pay on the company’s website. C. Payment Terms and Cancellation
- Upload, post, email or submit any Contact that is deemed unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Upload, post, email, or submit any Content that infringes on third party intellectual property rights of others, without first obtaining permission.
- Upload, post, email or submit any Content, that you do not have the right to transmit under any law or contractual relationship.
- Advertise a company, product or service
- Attempt to impersonate another User
- Upload, post, email or submit Content that contains computer viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to remove or refuse to publish any advertisement for any reason whatsoever at any time and without notice.
The Craft Candy website is a venue for companies to host their workshops and events; we cannot control, guarantee, validate or endorse any experience. Should you wish to query any of the information advertised on our website, please take it up with the company involved. You agree that Craft Candy, in its sole discretion, with or without prior notice, may freeze or terminate your use of the service for any reason, including, without limitation, if Craft Candy believes that you have violated these Site Terms. Craft Candy may also in its sole discretion, and at any time, modify or discontinue providing the service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. Additionally, you agree that Craft Candy shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any interference with, or termination of, your access to the service. To cancel a service, please ensure you take all of the following steps: Craft Candy links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Craft Candy. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- Notify us immediately, via email: email@example.com
- Log into your account to manage your posts. If you have any live posts, please remove them from the website.
- All of the fees paid and charges made prior to termination are non-refundable. For the annual subscription package, once we have received written confirmation, we will issue a credit note for the remaining months you are entitled to.
D. Links to Other Websites You agree that we no liability for indirect or consequential losses, loss of data, income or profits or damages for loos of or damage to property. You are granted a limited, non-exclusive right to create a text hyperlink to the Craft Candy site, provided such link does not portray Craft Candy or any of its products and services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner and provided further that the linking site does not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable. Those wishing to place a link to this website on other sites may do so only to the home page of the sitewww.craftcandy.co.uk without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express permission of Craft Candy. Contact us by email for more information; firstname.lastname@example.org The Craft Candy logo and any other product or service name or slogan contained in the Sites are trademarks of Craft Candy and its suppliers or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Craft Candy or the applicable trademark holder. Where such permission is granted we reserve the right to withdraw such permission for any reason whatsoever and at any time. You agree to immediately remove the Craft Candy mane and/or logo from any third party site and agree not to do anything which would harm or many harm the Craft Candy brand. These terms shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. E. Linking to Craft Candy You are granted a limited, non-exclusive right to create a text hyperlink to the Craft Candy site, provided such link does not portray Craft Candy or any of its products and services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner and provided further that the linking site does not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable. Those wishing to place a link to this website on other sites may do so only to the home page of the sitewww.craftcandy.co.uk without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express permission of Craft Candy. Contact us by email for more information; email@example.com F. Trademark The Craft Candy logo and any other product or service name or slogan contained in the Sites are trademarks of Craft Candy and its suppliers or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Craft Candy or the applicable trademark holder. Where such permission is granted we reserve the right to withdraw such permission for any reason whatsoever and at any time. You agree to immediately remove the Craft Candy mane and/or logo from any third party site and agree not to do anything which would harm or many harm the Craft Candy brand. G. Governing Law and Jurisdiction These terms shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
You’ve completed a workshop or you are finishing of a project and now you need to stock up on craft supplies, use our simple Shop Directory to find local specialist shops and website to find what you are looking for. Are you a retailer? Get listed on the Craft Candy Shop Directory and make it easy for customers to find your shop and website. Click here to get listed by emailing us for more information.
Technology isn’t meant to keep us apart, it’s meant to bring us together. Craft Candy brings together your fast paced life with local craft events, for free. Search for markets, clubs and workshops in your community and around you using GPS to satisfy your craft craving whenever & wherever it hits you.
How To Search
Save Your Faves
Connect With Us
This is a beta version of the Craft Candy App & we welcome your feedback and comments, let us know by sending us a comment using the form below. Craft Candy is now available to use across the UK. Click here to advertise your craft event.
We’d Love Your Feedback
We love to talk and we have made it easy for you to get in touch with us. Simply submit a message in the box below and we will get back to you.
Thank you for your interest in Craft Candy. If you are a journalist or blogger working on a feature focusing on a new business start-up, lifestyle or hobbies, tech or women in business and would to feature Craft Candy, please contact Zoe for information or to request a press release. You can contact @ZoeArch on Twitter or email zoe [at] craftcandy [dot] co [dot] uk
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can list events on Craft Candy?
Anyone who runs a creative class, workshop, market or club, can list their events on our website and app. It’s a free service and it’s really easy to get started, click to see our for more information.
I’m a retailer and I stock supplies, how can I list my shop on the Shop Directory?
Our community are always looking for great stockists online or based in their neighbourhood, listing your details on our website is very simple, email us to find out how to get started; firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to stay in touch on Twitter, to inform us of sales, offers or discounts and we’ll share them through our feed.
Why is Craft Candy different from events listing websites?
Craft Candy is different to events websites because we only operate for the creative industries and we are a platform (website & app), we don’t just list events, we curate them. We curate events listed on our website alongside relevant tutorials, offers, DIY posts, news and inspiration, regardless of the source, so our community can discover more from our social feeds. Our team have creative backgrounds, it’s what we know and love, we never try to be everything to everyone. See how easy it is to list your event.
Once you’ve uploaded your event, we swoop in to help to promote your listing further via our social media channels:
Craft Candy is particularly good if you are:
o Launching a new workshop and you want to test it in the market
o Adding additional dates to your schedule
o Looking for a comprehensive platform to promote your own brand to a community of creative people.
Oh, did we mention that it is free to list your events? Click here to see how we got started
Is it free to advertise on Craft Candy?
Yes, it’s free to advertise your events on Craft Candy, read more about how to get started . We’re a new company and our team are passionate, we want to get our service right for you, we love feedback so if you would like to tell us what you think of our service, please drop us a line: email@example.com
I’ve uploaded my events but it’s not showing on the website, have I done something wrong?
No you haven’t done anything wrong, we’ve received your events and they are just waiting in a queue for a quick onceover to be approved by us, which normally takes a couple of hours, but during our peak times can take up to 48 hours.
My event/ workshop is taking place in the next 48 hours, can I jump the listing queue?
Normally no, depending on how busy we are, it can take up to 48 hours to release your event onto our website and App. But if you have an urgent listing drop us an email and we’ll see what we can do to help you; firstname.lastname@example.org
I run a regular free craft group or club what’s the easiest way to upload the weekly information?
If you run free events you can list your events for free – just take a look at our brochure, it talks you though how to get started and how to get the best from your listing. Once we receive your event, it will be approved to appear on our website and
Before I upload my event what’s the best type of image I should use to promote it?
To maximise the advertising space for your event, use all four image spaces. Only one image can be uploaded (so make it a good one!) we recommend an image of what people will be be doing or making which is bold and the other three images have to be uploaded using a URL from an image sharing site; unfortunately a link to images on your Facebook page will not show on our site. If you need more information or advice, drop us an email and we’ll point you in the right direction: email@example.com.
Remember – always use a low resolution image in jpeg, PNG or Gif for your uploaded image.
How does the Craft Candy app work?
We love our app, the first of its kind, it is fitted with GPS, which means that it doesn’t just list events, it lists events in mile radius from your location, so you can see what’s happening in your community.
When your event has been approved by our team it can take up to three hours to show on the app, pinging it directly to our users’ smartphones.
What can I do to make my event stand out from the rest?
There’s loads you can do to make your event listing more interesting than your competitors’, our brochure (hyperlink) and follow the simple steps, we promise your event pages will look more attractive and appealing to our users.
Can I list the same workshop more than once?
Unfortunately no, you can only upload the details of one course once, we don’t want to confuse customers into thinking there are loads of spaces available on the same workshop.
I need help with my profile?
Contact Shelley, she’s a star and will get your problem sorted out quickly: Shelley@craftcandy.co.uk
What locations do you cover?
Our website has the capacity to list events from across the UK, including Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. If your area isn’t covered, email us to let us know and we’ll update it asap: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can Craft Candy use Twitter for advertising?
Twitter is our most successful social channel. Twitter allows us to talk directly to the Craft Candy community. We share details from your events or classes to our community up to two days before your workshop is due to take place, giving people enough time to book a place.
Follow us @CraftCandy
How can Craft Candy use Facebook to advertise?
We communicate news and events on our Facebook page. Facebook is the largest of social media channels and it’s cool that many of our followers have a Facebook account. We have a growing which our followers link to via the ‘Like’ button.
How can Craft Candy use Pinterest to promote my events?
Pinterest is a social tool for images and by far the most effective for the creative industry which in turn is massively effective for us!
We use Pinterest to find and curate the best tutorials, inspiration, DIY and events news on the web and share it with our community. See for yourself .
How Can Craft Candy use Vine to promote my events?
Created by Twitter, Vine is one of the newest social media sites. Vine allows you to create and share a 6 second video clip, sounds short, right? Six seconds is a short time, but the video plays on a loop and you control the content, so the result is very effective and can act as the perfect visual, to complement your event or class information, so we decided to integrated Vine into our website.
Vine is now available on your events pages, all you need to do is upload your own six second clip to each event page. Integrating Vine into each event page gives a new dynamic to your listings, enabling the user to get a better insight into you, your event, the class, what they will be doing, your venue or they could event meet your team, the list really is endless! The effect is amazing and hugely insightful to those who are only usually used to reading text on a page.
How can Craft Candy use Google+ to promote my events?
We use our page the same was as we use our page, posting and linking information about your workshops onto our Google+ page.
What’s so good about the Craft Candy Newsletter?
Our newsletter subscribers list is constantly growing and with so many people signed up and keen to find out what is going on in their community it’s a perfect platform for you to promote your competitions, offers, events, launches, and your business. Get in touch for more information email@example.com
I’m confused can I talk to someone?
Sure, drop us an email with your problem and we aim to sort it out asap; firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Craft Candy!
There are so many creative classes, markets and clubs available to attend in your community, we believe the creative industries deserve a dedicated platform (website & app) to showcase great events to the very people who are looking for them. Traditional listing websites which list events are old news, and pretty boring work for our team too! At Craft Candy HQ we want to disrupt the events listing scene. First, we’re building and learning from our community via social media, second, we list events and third, we help the consumer to find what they are looking for.
When Craft Candy launched we knew we wanted to build a community, we knew we wanted to list creative events and we knew we wanted to integrate social media to share information easily and quickly with our community. But since we launched in March 2013 Craft Candy has quickly evolved; we do all of the above but we found that every day we’d come across amazing DIY tips, tutorials, news, offers and inspiration, so we thought we’d share those with you too! We connect you with relevant content and we now curate the best of what we find along with the events listed on our website and share it all via our social feeds, including Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. So if you would like to learn how to make jewellery for example, follow us to hear about jewellery classes, tutorials, news, inspiration and stockists’ offers and then you can decide if would like to attend a class and learn from an expert, follow online tutorials, be inspired by images or stock up on supplies…. it’s that simple!
Who can list events on Craft Candy?
Craft Candy helps lots of different types of people and organisations to promote their events. Here’s a list of who we help:
- Any organisations or businesses that run classes, workshops or courses.
- Any creative meet-up groups i.e. knitting, sewing, photography, or cooking groups.
- Creative (or vintage) markets or events.
If you fit into one of these categories (and just get in touch if you’re not sure) click on the brochure link to get started: Brochure
Click on press to see where we have been featured.
We’re a new team with lots of passion and commitment for what we do, keep an eye on us, we’re enjoying this too much to give up.
- What is your favourite thing about Craft Candy? The community, we have some seriously sociable and chatty people following us on social media, it’s great to take time out to talk to them.
- Where do you live? London
- What do you love about London? There is something to do every night of the week but more help is needed to find it all, have you downloaded our free App? Craft Candy App Hehehe!
- What’s your Craft? Oh I get asked this question a lot and to be honest I don’t have a specialism, which is how I founded Craft Candy, I love to try and learn new things.
- What do you do in your spare time? ‘Spare time’, what’s that? No seriously, when I have spare time you nd me baking, sewing, reading, drinking cocktails or cycling.
- What is your favourite thing about Craft Candy? I think the GPS function in the app is a genius idea. Many of our users have busy lifestyles and our app helps them to easily find local events.
- Where do you live? London
- What do you love about London? There’s a lot I love and enjoy about London, but if I had to pick one thing it would be the parks, there’s a number of large open spaces bang in the middle of the city, which makes for a refreshing change to the hustle and bustle around them.
- What’s your craft? Is being good with numbers a craft?!?
- What do you do in your spare time? In my spare time you can find me in the App Store, with family, enjoying good food or watching sport on TV.
We’ve made it really simple for you to find your local craft events. You can look on our home page or in the event directory below to see what’s coming up next or to do a more detailed searched for a workshop, club or market near to you. We list free events next to paid events, leaving you to choose which event matches exactly with what you are looking for. And don’t go alone, share the event details with your friends, simple by using the social icons on each event and don’t miss out on what is coming up, sign up to the Craft Candy monthly newsletter in the footer below.
Craft Candy is your destination to search for local creative events across the UK. To get started type in what you’d like to learn or simply search by category. Our free GPS App also allows you to search the same events but gives you a simple listing in mile radius from your location.
Our site is packed with local creative events for you to share with friends and invite them to join you. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram & Google+ Join our growing community and share what you are up to with us, ask us questions or search our sites for inspiration.
Don’t just search for one event, we list lots of different types of creative events (including free events!) so you can find regular things to do in your community which match your budget.